In this section you can find a brief overview of the sources which should be the basis of your manuscript for a speech on poverty in the UK. You have a total of five sources to work with for this assignment:
- “Corbyn attacks May over food bank usage”
- “Nothing Left in the Cupboards”
- “Poverty in the UK is ‘systematic’ and ‘tragic’, says UN special rapporteur”
- “Hammond: I reject idea millions live in dire poverty”
- “The reality of child poverty in Britain”
You can read advice about the information and viewpoints which are presented in each source on the following pages.